Chromebooks often update themselves in the background, however there are times when you might need to manually ensure your operating system is up-to-date. The good news is that it only takes a few steps to update ChromeOS machines.
- Click the bottom right corner of your machine.
- Select the Settings icon. You may need to click the 3 lines next to the settings title in order for the menu items to appear.
- Click About Chrome.
- Click Check for updates.
- At this point you will be able to see if your Chromebook is up-to-date or not.
- If your machine isn't up-to-date, it will download the available update.
- Once the update is downloaded, you should see an arrow icon in the bottom right corner of your desktop.
- To apply this update, click the arrow icon and then select Restart to Update.
- Your machine will update itself as it restarts.