The automated proctoring system will need access to your camera and microphone in order to properly run the session. In some cases your browser might be set to block access to the camera and microphone. If this is the case the details provided here will assist with updating your permissions to allow the system to access the hardware as required.
When attempting to start your exam, if the automated system cannot properly gain access to your camera and/or microphone the message below will appear.
Steps to follow
- Click the lock icon to open the connection settings.
- Locate the Camera setting and select the Allow option.
- Locate the Microphone setting and select the Allow option.
- Close out of the settings dialog by clicking the x in the upper right or by just clicking away from it.
- A notice will appear prompting the page to be reloaded. Click the Reload button to reload the page. Another option is to just use the reload button or process you typically use to reload a page.
Further details regarding these settings can be found in the Google Chrome Help Center.