It is the policy of SmarterServices™ to gladly offer refunds to students for exams provided:
- A student has not taken the exam due to dropping the class, need to reschedule the exam at a testing center, having to reschedule the exam due to medical reasons, or student cancels the exam themselves.
- Instructor or administrative faculty has canceled the exam and has requested a refund on behalf of the student.
- A student requests a refund within six (6) months of the exam being offered by the instructor.
- A student is able to produce their student email address as well as the course in which the refund is desired.
- A student has requested a refund in writing via emailing SmarterServices™ support at email@example.com.
- A student is charged twice for the same exam.
- An internet or server outage that would require students to reschedule or retake exams.
- A student has a family or medical emergency.
- A student or student’s family is having a medical procedure.
- A student is taking bereavement time.
- There are times that a proctor will collect payment on site during the proctoring session even though the student has already paid via SmarterProctoring. When this happens, we must refund the student and then remove the payment from the proctor's account so they cannot pull the payment down, effectively receiving double pay.