It is suggested your computer meets the following requirements in order to have a successful experience using the SmarterProctoring Auto system.
- Google Chrome web browser, version 74 or higher.
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Microphone (internal or external)
- Stable internet connect with at least 1 Mbps upload & download speeds
Preparing for a session
The SmarterProctoring system will guide you through the steps required to get properly setup, however if you wish to get all preconfigured you can do so via the steps below.
Google Chrome Browser
- Ensure the Google Chrome browser is downloaded and installed on your machine. If it is not, you can download the application for free here.
- If Chrome is already downloaded, ensure you have the proper version installed. To check the version you can visit this page and see what is returned. You will see some text that looks like the image below. As long as the version number is greater than 74, you are all set.
Installing the SmarterProctoring Extension
The SmarterProctoring Auto system requires a free extension be added to the Chrome browser. This installation takes about 30 seconds and is something that only needs to happen one time. When you start your session you will be prompted to install the extension. For more information on this process you can review the Installing Chrome Extension article.
Help & Support
The SmarterProctoring Auto system is designed for ease of use. If you have any issues while getting setup please reach out to our support team via email at email@example.com.