*Note* - The following video shows the process for accessing SmarterProctoring from the Learning Management System (LMS) Canvas. If your school uses an LMS other than Canvas, you will need to follow the link within your LMS that is labeled "SmarterProctoring" or "Proctoring". If you have questions on where to find this link you can reach out to our support team using the support button at the bottom of this page or you can reach out to your instructor for guidance.
It is suggested your computer meets the following requirements in order to have a successful experience using the SmarterProctoring Automated Proctoring system.
- Desktop or laptop computer (Mac or Windows based PC). Chromebooks are also acceptable.
- iPads, tablets, phones and other mobile devices are not compatible.
- Google Chrome web browser, version 74 or higher.
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Microphone (internal or external)
Preparing for a session
The SmarterProctoring system will guide you through the steps required to get properly setup, however if you wish to get all preconfigured you can do so via the steps below.
Google Chrome Browser
- Install the Google Chrome Web Browser if it isn't already installed on your computer.
The installer for Google Chrome can be found at google.com/chrome
- If you already have Google Chrome installed on your computer update it to the newest version.
You can update your copy of Google Chrome by navigating to chrome://settings/help and then follow the prompts to update. Automated Proctoring requires version 74 or newer.
Installing the SmarterProctoring Extension
The SmarterProctoring Automated Proctoring system requires a free extension be added to the Chrome browser. This installation takes about 30 seconds and is something that only needs to happen one time. When you start your session you will be prompted to install the extension. If you would like to manually install the extension ahead of time, you can review the Installing Chrome Extension article.
Help & Support
The SmarterProctoring Automated Proctoring system is designed for ease of use. If you have any issues while getting setup please reach out to our support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.