1. Navigate to the Course Dashboard in SmarterProctoring.
2. Click on the New Exam box in the top right corner or choose from the drop-down menu.
3. You will want to choose from either the IMPORT EXAM** or CREATE NEW. (The exam import will pull over the basic information from the LMS.)
** This feature is only available in CANVAS
4. On the Exam Form page, fill in the necessary fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)). After completing this page, click Continue in the lower right corner.
- If there are any questions as to what each field is/why it is included, hover your mouse over the (?) and an explanation box will pop up.
** Please note that the URL field can be the link to the exam or LMS
5. Next, you will be directed to the Permitted Items section which allows you to toggle on/off the items that will be permitted for the exam. All of the information on the permitted items will be displayed for the student and proctor prior to the exam. When finished selecting items, left click on the Continue button in the lower right corner of the page.
- Details of each field toggled ‘on’ can be added if necessary.
6. On the Notes page, provide notes for both the students taking the exam and the proctors with. Please note that any instructions that are sent to the students, are also sent to the proctors as well to ensure they know what the student is permitted to do during the exam or asked to do by the instructor. Once completed, go to the lower right corner and click Continue to move on or click Back to edit information from the previous page.
7. On the Proctor Settings page, you will want to enable the Automated Proctoring (Or Automated Proctoring w/ Review - Depending on whichever version is being utilized.)
** When choosing the Automated Proctoring settings, we have a default of STRICT & LENIENT. Along with the ability to set your own custom settings. with the custom settings, you can pick and choose the rules that the student will abide by when taking their exam via an automated proctor.
8. The final page before finishing is the confirmation page. You can review all the information that has been input and make corrections as needed before saving. Once you are ready to submit the exam, click CONFIRM.