1. Log into your Administrative Dashboard.
2. In the top-right corner, click on Administration.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on Course Offerings.
4. The new screen will appear and you will need to click Create Course Offering to make a new one.
5. A new window will appear and you will need to fill in the required fields. (When it comes to Section B, Please see below the screenshot for a more detailed explanation of what information is required.)
The courses that are included in a course offering are determined by the positive match of a regular expression. A regular expression is a sequence of characters that define a search pattern. Regular expressions can be quite complex, however many times the course offering regular expressions are quite simple. The syntax of .* (a period followed by an asterisk) is used the most - this means any character will be matched. For example, if a Fall 2019 course offering needs to be created and all courses have FA19 at some location in the title, the regular expression to match this would be .*FA19.*. This will then match the following strings:
- MTH100 FA19 Math 101
- FA19 ACCT101 Principles of Accounting
- ACCT101 Principles of Accounting - FA19
Think of .* as "wildcard" that will match anything. Please reach out to your account manager if you need to create more complex rules for your course offerings, they will be happy to assist getting these setup.
6. Once you have input all relevant data into the required fields, click Create Course Offering to save.