If the ability to import exam data or LMS synchronization is not working properly, it is likely due to the need to re-authorize the connection between SmarterProctoring and the Canvas system. To complete this process please follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT: Please have someone with LMS admin rights follow these steps.
- Login to your SmarterProctoring administration account. The login URL for this account was provided by SmarterProctoring during your account setup.
- Once logged in, click on System or your name from the menu, then choose Integration Settings.
- Select Integration Settings from the Actions dropdown.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see an Authenticate button. Please click this, if you are not already logged in, it will take you to your Canvas login page.
- A prompt will be provided asking to allow for SmarterProctoring or Lighthouse Prod to be granted access, this is expected and you will want to authorize this.
- Upon clicking the button, you will be taken back to the SmarterProctoring system – it will be a blank white page we are working to make this go to a page that is actually meaningful. But once you see this white page that means it was successful.
- At this point, you are done and SmarterProctoring has re-established the connection to the LMS